Keymap issues with Pointer+Keys device

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Sun Aug 31 16:22:04 PDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 01, 2008 at 12:52:58AM +0200, Sascha Hlusiak wrote:
> How did X without MPX do it? Because it works just fine with xorg-server-1.5.

Before MPX, the class copy wasn't necessary. The event generation is now
different, with the events being processed twice, once for the SD, once for
the MD. Before, events were processed either in the VCP/VCK (core events) or
in the device (XI events).

Since we need XI events for MDs, we have to make the MD look like the SD that
actually generated the event - hence the need for this class copy.

Cheers,
  Peter