SwitchCoreKeyboard crash

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Fri Aug 22 03:07:46 PDT 2008

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 01:26:53AM -0700, Jeremy Huddleston wrote:
> Yep... I think that was it... the translation for our NSTabletPoint
> events (pen motion, tilt change, etc) was not being translated
> correctly, and a garbage event type was being sent to GetPointerEvents
> (which was sometimes KeyPress)
>
> We use GetPointerEvents, GetKeyboardEvents, and GetProximityEvents for
> keyboard/mouse/proximity events.
>
> What is GetKeyboardValuatorEvents?  Are the valuators being sent the
> same as with pointer?  How does the keyboard send a cursor location,
> pressure, or tilt?

GetKeyboardEvents is just an alias for GetKeyboardValuatorEvents, they do the
same thing.

But yeah - you can tack valuators to keyboard events if you must. These
valuators don't actually change the pointer and are forwarded as-is to the
client. Not sure if that is a bug or not, but I'm not aware of any device that
does it anyway.

Cheers,
  Peter