configuration of MPX

Wayne shhuango at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 17 19:22:17 PDT 2008

Hi,

I've just upgraded my xorg to version 1.4.99.906 (1.5.0 RC 6), and then I
have no idea how to enable mpx. I've done some research on
http://who-t.blogspot.com/ and http://wearables.unisa.edu.au/mpx/?q=configuration

First, I followed the instructions on http://who-t.blogspot.com/ to emerge input.x11_driver
into /etc/hal/fdi/policy/preferences.fdi, and then ran hal-device. I could find input.X11
from the output.

Second, I tried to modify xorg.conf by referring http://wearables.unisa.edu.au/mpx/?q=configuration.
However, I still don't understand how to configure my xorg.conf because everytime an input
device are assiged to different event and mouse in /dev/input/. So, how do I configure the
xorg.conf. I think maybe that is just because I don't understand how xorg works... > <;

Third, In http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2008-July/037020.html,
I found using xinput --create-master "device name" to create additional cursors.
However, my xinput doesn't has --create-master. The version of my xinput is 1.3.0.
My xinput only has the following parameters,
usage :
    xinput get-feedbacks <device name>
    xinput set-mode <device name> ABSOLUTE|RELATIVE
    xinput list [--short || <device name>...]
    xinput query-state <device name>
    xinput test [-proximity] <device name>
    xinput version

Now, I only know I have to finish these three step in order to enable my mpx. I don't know
if there is more step I'm missing... > <; Could anyone help me please?!

Thanks all
Wayne