.fdi files in drivers

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Thu Aug 14 06:07:57 PDT 2008

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 11:12:46PM +0200, Christoph Brill wrote:
> Arkadiusz Miskiewicz brought up the idea of shipping .fdi files with the
> input drivers. How is the common sense about that? From what I know none
> of the input driver ships currently these files. I think it would be a
> good idea to bundle and install them. Maybe with a "--enable-hal" option
> for configure?

Stick it in. Only three drivers actually need them anyway - evdev (which
sort-of has it in the server), synaptics and wacom.

I wouldn't install it though, since the directory may not be the same on all
distros. Just provide it in the tarball and distros can re-use it. If they
want to maintain their own, they can always ignore the upstream one.

Cheers,
  Peter