Problem in clone mode with two display card

Ashish Jain ashish.jain at nechclst.in
Mon Aug 11 22:15:05 PDT 2008

Dear Alan,

Thanks, we have achieved Clone mode.

But I have few queries,

1. When we are trying dual head on laptop (HP laptop which have Intel
display card with to port) for driver "i810" then we will have to
specifically add the line " Option "MonitorLayout" "CRT,LFP" " in
"Device" section. But when we are trying dual head on same laptop for
driver "intel" then above line is not required. Why?

2. When we are trying clone mode on laptop (HP laptop which have Intel
display card with to port) then we will have to specifically add the
line "Option "Clone" "True" " in all the "Device" sections. But when we
are trying Clone mode on desktop with two display card then above line
is not required. Why?

3. Finally, are the settings of xorg.conf file changed according to
setuation? Means setting of xorg.conf files depends upon drive used or
laptop/desktop used or hardware (like display card, monitor, etc.) used.

Thanks & Regards
    Ashish Jain