Ripple on External monitor (with dualheads)

Roman Sakal sakalr at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 04:35:41 PDT 2008

Hi everyone
I'm using dualheads monitor like described here (
http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Xorg_RandR_1.2#the_Virtual_screen)
I have:
laptop HP nc6400
onboard video: intel 945GM
Internal monitor: 1280x800
External monitor: 1680x1050 (Samsung SyncMaster 205bw)

X.Org X Server 1.4.2
Release Date: 11 June 2008
X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
Build Operating System: Linux Debian (xorg-server 2:1.4.2-2)
Current Operating System: Linux serenity 2.6.25-2-686 #1 SMP Fri Jul 18
17:46:56 UTC 2008 i686
Build Date: 18 July 2008  11:09:10AM

So, I setup dualheads by grandr, and place one above enother.
On external I have a ripple (horizontal lines from left to right) when:
* when mouse pointer move
* when window move
* when window move on enternal monitor
* when run glxgears test on external monitor
* when rub glxgears test on enternal monitor, but when window of glxgears
maximized on enternal monitor, the ripples is disspeared

This is a problem of my video card? or monitor? or X Window? or it's a wrong
settings? or bad cable from monitor to video card? or bad power?
Any adeas?