xrandr --nemode parameters

Edgar Toernig froese at gmx.de
Thu Aug 7 14:47:40 PDT 2008

Eric Piel wrote:

> Jethro Tull schreef:
> > Does anyone know where to get or how to calculate the values needed to
> > define a new mode with xrandr??
> >
> > --newmode <name> <clock MHz>
> >             <hdisp> <hsync-start> <hsync-end> <htotal>
> >             <vdisp> <vsync-start> <vsync-end> <vtotal>
> >             [+HSync] [-HSync] [+VSync] [-VSync]
>
> cvt
>
> Actually, if someone could add a reference to it in xrandr manpage, that
> wouldn't be inappropriate ;-)

How about supporting:

directly?

Here's a patch that does this.  I've taken the modeline calculation routine
from cvt and put it directly into xrandr.  Some code to detect which kind
of newmode-syntax is given, et voila.

Completely untested as I don't have an xrandr-1.2 capable system available.

Ciao, ET.