xserver-xorg-input-joystick suggestions/questions

Stephen Paul Weber singpolyma at singpolyma.net
Sun Aug 3 18:22:02 PDT 2008

> Please don't use IPC. The appropriate method to expose such configurations is
> through input device properties. See [1] for a quick summary.
>
> [1] http://who-t.blogspot.com/2008/07/input-device-properties.html

This is exactly the kind of thing I was looking for!  It seems like
it's fairly new - is there a release of xinput yet that supports these
options?  Mine (1.3.0, Ubuntu Hardy) obviously doesn't yet - but can I
get it easily or would I need to build a git snapshot of xorg from
source?

--
Stephen Paul Weber, @singpolyma
Please see <http://singpolyma.net> for how I prefer to be contacted.