PS/2 mouse poll rate

Nikos Chantziaras realnc at arcor.de
Sat Aug 2 00:46:33 PDT 2008

Adam Jackson wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-08-01 at 12:17 +0300, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
>> Is there a way to increase the poll rate of PS/2 mice to 250Hz?  I used
>> to do that on M$ Windows to get marginally smoother cursor movement.
>
> With the mouse driver, refer to the "SampleRate" option in the 'mouse'
> manual page.  With the evdev driver, this is controlled by the
> psmouse.rate option on the kernel command line.

Thanks.  I don't have a mouse section in my xorg.conf so I used the
kernel parameter.  I don't think this is a placebo effect: it seems
setting the poll rate to 250 helps more in X.Org than it does in
Windows, especially when grabbing a window and moving it; it seems much
less "jerky" now and up to par with Windows.