Pointer grabs causing accessibility issues! Why not deprecate them?

Wed Apr 30 20:40:19 PDT 2008

Eamon Walsh wrote:
> XkbGetState and XiQueryDeviceState: same idea as above should work.
> MPXQueryPointer: same idea here?  Not sure what this is for.

Do you mean QueryDevicePointer? It's the equivalent to QueryPointer but
takes a device argument.

MPXQueryPointer may have existed once (when I was toying with an MPX
extension rather than XI, but it's dead since - I guess 2 years now)

> GetMotionEvents: client must own the window?
> XiGetDeviceMotionEvents: no clue - it's a complete motion history dump.
>
> I would note that the motion history is an optional server feature,
> according to the spec.  A motion history buffer size of zero is valid.

I know that right now it's broken in my branch and never returns useful
data (valid data - yes). If that's of any help :)

Cheers,
   Peter