FocusIn on window destruction

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at freedesktop.org
Mon Apr 28 21:33:18 PDT 2008

I've come to the point where I don't want to bang my head trying to
untangle spaghetti that someone else probably understands much better
and can just point me to the proper function call...  When I close a
window, the WM is receiving a FocusIn event for the next window that
should gain focus.  Unfortunately for us on OSX, this sometimes causes
us to swap Spaces... so I need to add in some logic to handle that
case (set focus on the root win if there are no windows in the current
space).

I can't seem to figure out where this FocusIn event is being generated
from (or more specifically where the logic is that chooses the "next"
window).  Could someone possibly clue me in and help untangle this
mess in my head.

Thanks,
Jeremy