nv dual head

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Mon Apr 28 12:40:52 PDT 2008

Stephane Marchesin
> On 4/28/08, Tiago Vignatti <vignatti at c3sl.ufpr.br> wrote:
>> Hi Yan, how are you?

Good.  Exploring more possibilities for multi-seat...  :-)

>>  Yan Seiner escreveu:
>>
>> > Could someone please let me know the status of the nv driver?  Does it
>>  > support dual head?  and/or does nouveau?  And if nouveau is the way
>> to go,
>>  > how close is it to inclusion in the mainstream release?
>>

>> It must be working with nv.
>>

> Dual head doesn't mean dual card but single card with two heads... nv
only supports dual head on g80 (that's 8xxx and 9xxx). If you want dual
head on older stuff, you need nouveau.

> As for inclusion in "mainstream releases" it really depends what you
mean... In short, I'd say we're not ready to work on stable
> interfaces, but people are welcome to get current git/use prebuilt git.

I have a machine with 2 ea. nVidia Quadro NVS285 dualhead cards, so a
total of 4 monitor connections.  I'm trying to figure out the best way to
connect 4 monitors without making the machine too unstable.  The binary
blob drivers aren't the most stable in the world.... But I really need
XvMC and 2D acceleration for Mythtv.  I would ideally want 2 mythtv
displays and 2 user displays (non-accelerated is OK for this), each with
its own login.

--Yan

--
Windows is like a canary in a coal mine, it's the first thing to die on
your network.