window resizing issue with composite extension

Steve E. steve.vip at gmx.de
Sun Apr 27 12:13:26 PDT 2008

Hello

I've read about the performance problem when resizing windows in a
composited environment and I'am having this trouble too. Currently I'm using

 * Athlon XP 2600+ Barton
 * Via KT400
 * GeForce 7600 GS AGP 8x
 * X.org 7.2
 * nvidia 169.12

I have configured my xorg.conf with nvidia-xconfig which puts following
lines in my original config file which was generated with sax2:

Section "Screen"
    Option         "RenderAccel" "True"
    Option         "AllowGLXWithComposite" "True"
    Option         "AddARGBGLXVisuals" "True"
    Option         "DamageEvents" "True"
EndSection

Section "Extensions"
    Option         "Composite" "Enable"
EndSection

Independently from the other options my window resizing performance is
very bad when having Composite enabled.

Is it still an actual problem or do I have to update my software
packages somehow or buy new hardware components? So what can I do or not?