analyze the events from xserver to xclinet?

Markus Kuhn Markus.Kuhn at cl.cam.ac.uk
Fri Apr 25 07:06:26 PDT 2008

sridhar wrote on 2008-04-25 12:56 UTC:
> is there any tool to analyze
> all the events which are going from xserver to xclient>>

There are various versions of X protocol analyzer tools called xscope
and xmon floating around that understand various subsets of the X
protocol. There was some discussion here back in 4-6 Jan 2006 about
making one of them an officially supported part of the X.Org release,
which I think would be *extremely* useful. I don't know what happened to
that though.

Markus

--
Markus Kuhn, Computer Laboratory, University of Cambridge
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/ || CB3 0FD, Great Britain