XDC2008 presentations

Michael Larabel michael.larabel at phoronix.com
Fri Apr 11 19:50:51 PDT 2008

Tiago Vignatti wrote:
> Daniel Stone escreveu:

>>> On a slightly related topic,
>>> will the talks be recorded and published on the web for those poor blokes
>>> who can't make it to the conference?
>>>
>> I really don't know.  Michael Larabel from Phoronix was recording the
>> talks at FOSDEM, so I guess may be doing so again if he attends XDC, but
>> he's still marked as tentative ... aside from that, I don't think we
>> have a camera at all.  At worst, there'll be the usual live notes on the
>> wiki from ajax/myself/whoever.
>>

> or with luck googleplex provides a camera to us.

At the Googleplex, Google is really the only option for A/V recording
equipment. Every time I've been there, they have strict regulations
against any form of photography or video recording inside the buildings
(unless done by a Googler)... even inside the actual presentation room
that is secluded from their "secret ops". I think Cat Allman or Leslie
Hawthorn at Google may be able to arrange the recordings for X.Org
(well, depending upon the room and other factors).

Unfortunately I have some other obligations, so unless something changes
at the last minute I don't think I'll be able to make it out there.

Cheers,
Michael Larabel