school lan xdmcp / xterm problem (debian)

kevin kevin.rowanet at wanadoo.fr
Fri Apr 11 14:32:04 PDT 2008

Ross Vandegrift a écrit :

>On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 12:18:50AM +0200, kevin wrote:
>

>>Is it a problem with "chooser", the process launched on A computer?
>>How to trace it?
>>Into etch conf file kdmrc, we add a line "StaticServer= ", which was not
>>necessary for sarge; despite it works fine for B[1-4], could it be the
>>trick?
>>

>Debian's default behavior has started to disable network connectivity
>to the Xserver.  Your installation obviously requires network
>connections to the X server!
>
>Make sure that kdm or xdm isn't passing "-nolisten"  to your X
>servers.

Thanks for your answer.

Which logfile to look at to proof there is a "nolisten" problem ?

As all the others computers Bi work perfectly, the problem can only be
on B5; I see in /etc/kde3/kdm/kdmrc a line "ServerArgsLocal=-nolisten
tcp", but I failed to fix the problem: neither comment the line, neither
taking off "no" is efficient...

I also thought I finally found the trick when I saw the line "exec
/usr/bin/X11/X -dpi 100 -nolisten tcp" in the file
/etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc, but unfortunately, there is exactly the same
line in B3, which works very well...