XGI and Xorg driver source for xgi cards

Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade pcpa at mandriva.com.br
Thu Apr 10 10:03:19 PDT 2008

  Hi,

  Recently I received a xgi card, the sources from xgi, and some
documentation (3 pdf files).

  After some time looking at the code, and assuming that besides
based on an earlier Xorg version, I assumed the code from xgi is
newer. But now I have my doubts.

  While "studying" the code, I ended up starting to "redo" what
Ian Romanick apparently did more then one year ago in
xf86-driver-xgi (based on logs), i.e. I changed it to use only
xgi_<foo>.h instead of a mix with <foo>.h, and did significant
changes to use only one internal data structure or function from
the different, and somehow coexisting implementations, etc.

  I don't have any xgi contact, so I would like to know, most
likely from Ian Romanick, what is the current state of the xgi
driver.

Thanks,
Paulo