intel SDVO TV-out

Eric Anholt eric at anholt.net
Tue Apr 8 13:55:40 PDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-04-03 at 22:18 +0100, Wil wrote:
> > For those of you who have been desiring TV-out support over SDVO, I
> > pushed some code that should get us closer.  I'm trying to follow the
> > spec, but I'm not getting any output on my system.  I'm hampered by the
> > fact that the BIOS doesn't set up my card (so I don't have anything to
> > compare to), and that I've only got a lame LCD projector to output to
> > here (so if I've got bad timings, it won't give me anything different
> > from being disconnected).
>
> I recently ported my SDVO TV out code to the intel2.1.1 driver. I've
> attached my patch hopefully something in there will be of help.

Awesome, thanks.  Before starting on this I tried to grab your old code,
but your git server had gone down and my copy of the code was gone since
I lost the disk it was on.  It's kind of hard to use your patch because
of all the random whitespace mangling going on in it, so I'll just grab
bits and pieces out of it.

--
Eric Anholt                             anholt at FreeBSD.org
eric at anholt.net                         eric.anholt at intel.com