Recent mesa commit

Pierre Willenbrock pierre at pirsoft.de
Fri Apr 4 17:22:02 PDT 2008

Ben Gamari schrieb:
> Hey,
>
> How are you debugging this anyways? If I'm not mistaken, this code runs
> in the server (although I'm notoriously bad at figuring out where code
> runs in the X stack). Do you have a second machine to remote debug from?

I do have a second machine to do remote debugging, although running gdb
on an Xserver is not all that easy. (mine refuses to start up when
invoked through gdb, but attaching works fine. at least most of the
time. valgrind is usable, too.)

But in this case, the mesa code runs on the client side, with dri mostly
untouched, so there are no external locks taken. I manually looked
through the xserver code. Kristians patches to the xserver gave a good
hint where to look for the visual information sending code.

> Attached is a naive (also non-functional) attempt to teach
> driConfigEqual about GLX_DONT_CARE. Sorry about the whitespace changes.
>
> Anyways, even outside of the context of this problem, shouldn't
> driConfigEqual check for DONT_CARE?

That is for someone else to answer.

> - Ben

Regards,