Recent mesa commit - still compile failure here

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 06:57:10 PDT 2008

On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 6:47 AM, Jens Stroebel <dr-xorg at bcsoft.de> wrote:
> Jerome Glisse wrote:
>  > Wild guess you haven't update xf86driproto to lastest and
>  > also you may lack  dri2proto. Make sure to do a make clean
>  > both in mesa & xserver before rebuilding. As it works for others
>  > people this is definitly a problem on your side (either dependency
>  > or not a clean tree).
>
>         hm ... strange, but you're right.
>
>  Althouigh I'd started off with a fresh pull of
>  xserver|xf86driproto|pri2proto|mesa , removing said dirs and doing a
>  fresh clone of them all fixed the build problem ...

The problem is that xf86driproto used to install
GL/internal/dri_interface.h. Kristian moved that into mesa now. So, if
you'd installed an older xf86driproto after installing mesa HEAD,
you'd have the old header installed. Or something like that. The moral
of the story is that dri_interface.h is the conflicting header here.

--
Dan