having an xorg not binded to a virtual terminal?

mcr at simtone.net mcr at simtone.net
Thu Apr 3 08:14:07 PDT 2008

    Daniel> On Wed, Apr 02, 2008 at 08:07:14PM -0400, mcr at simtone.net
    Daniel> wrote:
    >> I'd rather prefer that the whole VT switchting code moved into
    >> the driver itself as a function pointer, perhaps with the
    >> existing code available as default code.

    Daniel> Why the driver? It's not driver-specific at all.

  It's specific to whether not the device represents the graphics
"console" of the system.  For the virtualized system, or the
multi-head/multi-user system, it seems to me that it's a property of the
"location" of the device.
  I don't claim the device is the best interface to defer this to.
  Maybe just a general xorg.conf option to do it or not is enough.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr at simtone.net>
Director -- Consumer Desktop Development, Simtone Corporation, Ottawa, Canada

SIMtone Corporation fundamentally transforms computing into simple,
secure, and very low-cost network-provisioned services pervasively
accessible by everyone.  Learn more at www.simtone.net and www.SIMtoneVDU.com