[Patch] Stop xorg-server from autorepeating modifiers

Sascha Hlusiak saschahlusiak at arcor.de
Wed Apr 2 08:48:54 PDT 2008

Am Mittwoch 02 April 2008 09:22:21 schrieb Daniel Stone:
> On Tue, Apr 01, 2008 at 04:01:08PM +0100, Sascha Hlusiak wrote:
> > On core keyboard change, the ctrl.autoRepeats is not copied to the core
> > keyboard, leaving it at 0xFFFFFFFF...., meaning all keys autorepeat,
> > including modifiers. The patch copies the ctrl.autoRepeats to the core
> > keyboard.
> >
> > Please have a look if that's the correct approach.
>
> Hi,
> The feedback is (irritatingly) ever so slightly more complex than that,
> and I'd rather copy the whole thing if possible.  Not sure if we ever
> allocate multiple KbdFeedbackRecs at the moment though (or why we'd ever
> want to).
Well, I don't know all of the internal stuff and how complex it is. I was
happy to have the autorepeat of modifiers fixed for me.
I remember I had problems to bind a Super+X shortcut some while ago when Super
repeated. But that can be fixed on the application side, too.
You know better how to fix it and if at all.

What side effects would my patch have? It just looked like a real bug.

Thanks,
Sascha