DRI and OpenGL problem with GM965

Svetlana Atanasova svetlana at netissat.bg
Thu Sep 27 11:11:10 PDT 2007

Hello,

    sorry if this is previously discussed but I'm quite new to this list.
I have HP 6710s laptop with slackware 12.0 (kernel 2.6.22.9, xserver
1.3.0- slack 12 default)  and I have troubles with
glx. With slackware 12.0 default driver - xf86-video-intel-2.0.0 there
is DRI but colors
looks terrible - there are visible lines on color gradient patterns.
With driver provided
in slackware distribution in directory /patches -
xf86-video-intel-2.1.0  colors OK, DRI working, but when I test with GL
screensaver  X server lockups with something for insufficient free
memory to allocate in logs I don't have these logs now.
I've downloaded the latest intel drivers from
http://www.intellinuxgraphics.org and after compiling them I don't have DRI
I got the following error in logs:
(EE) AIGLX error: drmMap of framebuffer failed (Invalid argument)(EE)
AIGLX: reverting to software rendering

and the following warnings (if it's helpful):

(WW) intel(0): Removed DRI frontbuffer mapping in compatibility mode.
(WW) intel(0): DRIGetDeviceInfo will report incorrect frontbuffer handle.

So I can't get my videocard working properly with any drivers, please
help whith any ideas or patches, etc.
Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,
Svetlana