[ANNOUNCE] xf86-video-ati 6.7.194

Bryce Harrington bryce at bryceharrington.org
Mon Sep 24 13:27:10 PDT 2007

On Mon, Sep 24, 2007 at 03:25:11PM -0400, Alex Deucher wrote:
> On 9/24/07, Arkadiusz Miskiewicz <arekm at maven.pl> wrote:
> > >
> > > Any chances to hunt down #11726 ?
> >
> > Correction, #12474 :-)
>
> Can anyone verify that this works properly on another randr-1.2
> driver?  I think this is a server issue.  In either case I can look
> into it.

This has been a major bugbear during Gutsy, and appears to affect nvidia
and intel users as well.  It seems GNOME switched from hardcoding the
DPI, to relying on Xorg's detected DPI.  Unfortunately this does not
always produce reliable results.  For Gutsy we ended up switching back
to a hardcoded 96 dpi in GNOME, until it gets fixed in X:

 https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libgnome/+bug/118745

Bryce