Newbie Question: DRI and Xorg

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 10:45:56 PDT 2007

On 9/24/07, yi zheng <goodmenzy at gmail.com> wrote:
> DRI belong to what group ?
> Xorg or XFree86?

Both of them integrate with the Mesa project, which is where the
actual DRI drivers reside.

http://mesa3d.org/
http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=mesa/mesa.git

> Where does the DRI source code reside in the xorg source tree?

I'm not the authority, but the DRI and GLX modules reside in the
server source code.

http://xorg.freedesktop.org/releases/individual/xserver/
http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=xorg/xserver.git;a=summary

> What the situations about 3D hardware accelerated system?
> Which doc need to read when one want to have a general idea about 3D render
> in Open software realm?

Much of this information can be found on the DRI website.

http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/

If you're really interested in development, you may also want to
subscribe to the dri-devel and mesa3d-dev mailing lists.

http://mesa3d.org/lists.html

--
Dan