Vblanks, CRTCs and GLX, oh my!

Jesse Barnes jbarnes at virtuousgeek.org
Mon Sep 24 10:05:59 PDT 2007

On Monday, September 24, 2007 1:25 am Michel Dänzer wrote:

> > > One idea (with some handwaving :) would be the common code
> > > keeping around a pointer to the driver's vblank_flags variable or
> > > keeping track of the flags per drawable in some other sensible
> > > way.
> >
> > I like the idea, here's something concrete.  I put the vblank stuff
> > into the screen private, but I'm not sure if that's the best place
> > (logically the vblank counters are screen specific),
>
> The drawable private would seem more appropriate, as these are
> drawable attributes.

Ok, I'll move it over to the drawable private, assuming there's a way to
get at that structure from all the paths we care about.

> > are there X compatibility issues with changing that structure?
>
> AFAICT no - the __DRI*Private* types seem opaque outside of *_dri.so

Great.  I'll go ahead and push after I test again.  There's no hurry on
converting the other drivers; their respective maintainers can move
them over when they have time.

Thanks,
Jesse