how to calibrate the X touchscreen?

Matthieu Herrb matthieu.herrb at laas.fr
Fri Sep 21 14:08:03 PDT 2007

Abhinav Duggal wrote:
> Hi all,
> I want to calibrate the touchscreen. I have written a driver for X based
> on the event interface.I think there is a module xcalibrateproto but I
> cannot see it in proto branch
> http://xorg.freedesktop.org/releases/X11R7.3/src/proto/. The Xext
> xcalibrate uses xcalibrateproto.h.So <http://xcalibrateproto.h.So> where
> can I find this or is there any other way of calibration?

The XCalibrate extension was designed for embedded devices using the
kdrive X server and TSlib for the touchscreen interface. Afaict it can't
be used with the Xorg X server as is.

There are non X touchscreen calibration utilities for various kinds of
touch screens floating around, but I'm not currently aware of any
generic approach.

--
Matthieu Herrb