Vblanks, CRTCs and GLX, oh my!

Jesse Barnes jbarnes at virtuousgeek.org
Fri Sep 21 12:46:41 PDT 2007

On Friday, September 21, 2007 2:51 am Michel Dänzer wrote:
> >   - add code to Mesa so GetMSC/WaitForMSC set DRM_VBLANK_SECONDARY
> >     correctly
>
> One idea (with some handwaving :) would be the common code keeping
> around a pointer to the driver's vblank_flags variable or keeping
> track of the flags per drawable in some other sensible way.

I like the idea, here's something concrete.  I put the vblank stuff into
the screen private, but I'm not sure if that's the best place
(logically the vblank counters are screen specific), are there X
compatibility issues with changing that structure?

Porting over other drivers should be trivial...

Thanks,
Jesse