xrandr multihead and window placement

martin f krafft madduck at madduck.net
Fri Sep 21 02:08:41 PDT 2007

also sprach Keith Packard <keithp at keithp.com> [2007.09.19.1643 +0100]:
> The root window will get a ConfigureNotify event whenever the RandR
> setup changes, so applications need only select for that event before
> talking to the extension.

If someone could take a look at http://bugs.debian.org/428797, I'd
be grateful. Jamie says that:

 2: xscreensaver already receives and reacts to RANDR
    RRScreenChangeNotify events (in driver/timers.c:1010);

yet, I can reproduce the problem: after adding new screen estate
with xrandr, XScreensaver does *not* blank it when it locks the
screen. If I restart the daemon, then it works appropriately.

For your convenience, driver/timers.c is available here:

  http://scratch.madduck.net/__tmp__cdt.Tke15337__xscreensaver-5.03__driver__timers.c

I have a setup here in which I can try things out, but I don't have
the time to dig through the code.

  \____ echo mailto: !#^."<*>"|tr "<*> mailto:" net at madduck

someday we'll find it
the rainbow connection