ATI 6.7.192 Dual-Head

Alex Deucher alexdeucher at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 06:58:23 PDT 2007

On 9/20/07, Red Neck <kcender07 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Thanks for your response Alex, I appreciate your efforts on the ATI Driver.
>
> I have just built and tested 6.7.193 from git.
> I have success in that my second LCD is now receiving a signal from my card, however the picture itself is blank.  I have tried various xrandr invocations of varying modes but to no avail.  Statically configuring the monitor in xorg.conf ('monitor-DVI-0') didn't change things either.  Once again, log files are attached.
>
> I will gladly offer any assistance in making Dual Head work once again for dual DVI.

(I'm adding Mikhail too as this may help him out as well)

I think I may have figured out the problem.  I'll update git tonight.
if you want to try, change the following in radeon_display.c:

so this:
	 } else if (radeon_output->TMDSType == TMDS_EXT) {
	tmp = INREG(RADEON_FP2_GEN_CNTL);
	tmp |= (RADEON_FP2_ON | RADEON_FP2_DVO_EN);
	OUTREG(RADEON_FP2_GEN_CNTL, tmp);
	save->fp2_gen_cntl |= (RADEON_FP2_ON | RADEON_FP2_DVO_EN);
	}

would become:
	 } else if (radeon_output->TMDSType == TMDS_EXT) {
	tmp = INREG(RADEON_FP2_GEN_CNTL);
	tmp |= (RADEON_FP2_ON | RADEON_FP2_DVO_EN);
        tmp &= ~(RADEON_FP2_BLANK_EN);
	OUTREG(RADEON_FP2_GEN_CNTL, tmp);
	save->fp2_gen_cntl |= (RADEON_FP2_ON | RADEON_FP2_DVO_EN);
        save->fp2_gen_cntl &= ~(RADEON_FP2_BLANK_EN);
	}

there may be other magic bits in fp2_gen_cntl we need to set, but we
can sort that out later if this doesn't work.

Alex