xorg-server-1.4 vs. Mesa-7.0.1 (with GLX)

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Wed Sep 19 08:37:22 PDT 2007

Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-09-18 at 21:05 -0700, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
>> Or, will 1.4 build against 7.0.1 and I am just missing something?
>
> xserver 1.4 indeed builds against mesa 7.0.1 (but no older version).
> What exactly is the problem when you try that?

And the reverse is true?  To use Mesa-7.0.1, you need xserver 1.4?

It is possible that I was trying to use Mesa-7.0.1 with an older version
of xserver although I thought that I was using 1.4.

As often happens with something this complicated, it now appears that it
is going to work after I went through it again and I can't figure out
what I did wrong.

Or, perhaps I simply needed some sleep. :-)

--
JRT

--
JRT