xf86-video-radeonhd pushed.

JM Ibanez jm at orangeandbronze.com
Wed Sep 19 07:46:31 PDT 2007

"Igor Mozolevsky" <igor at hybrid-lab.co.uk> writes:

> On 19/09/2007, Daniel Stone <daniel at fooishbar.org> wrote:

>> its

>> > Why not just dump it into  ftp.x.org/pub/individual/driver for those who
>> > just want the file without the added hassle of protocol on top of
>> protocol
>> > on top of N other protocols wrappers?  Problems are always simple -
>> there's
>> > no need to reinvent the wheel just because some guy feels like doing
>> > something different for a year...
>>
>> daniels at psyence:~/x/xorg/driver/xf86-video-radeonhd% ls -R .git | wc -l
>> 49
>>
>> Which file do you want?  Last I checked, FTP didn't really do revision
>> control, but maybe that's just me.
>

> True, but at least it allows you to retrieve a  source tarball without
> having to install yet-another-version-control-system... and it takes care of
> stupid network topologies...

... and the said driver isn't even released yet, I believe; throwing a
source tarball to ftp.x.org implies that it's being released. I haven't
checked it out, but I'm pretty sure it's not even close to production
quality -- and therefore *you* have to track the HEAD of the tree too if
you want to use and test it.

IMHO.

--
JM Ibanez