xorg-server-1.4 vs. Mesa-7.0.1 (with GLX)

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Tue Sep 18 21:05:34 PDT 2007

I have the same issue as discussed in Feb 2007 regarding building
xorg-server-1.3 against Mesa-6.5.3.

IIUC with Mesa release 6.5.3, the directory:

	Mesa-6.5.x/src/mesa/array_cache/

was removed, and that, therefore, xorg-server needed to be patched.

The option: "--with-mesa-source=MESA_SOURCE" is still in
xorg-server-1.4.  If I use it I get an error when I run the 'configure'
script.  If I don't use it, I have no GLX.

Do I need to use patches for xorg-server-1.4?  Or, could I download a
newer version of xorg-server?  IIUC, X.org uses Git which I haven't
installed yet.  So, downloads would be a simpler solution.

Or, will 1.4 build against 7.0.1 and I am just missing something?

--
JRT