xorg 7.3 + googleearth = IRQ errors

Chris Pemberton cjpembo at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 13:28:26 PDT 2007

Hello,

Intel 945GM
xorg 7.3
latest googleearth

I start googleearth and get the following warning during the splash screen:

do_wait: drmWaitVBlank returned -1, IRQs dont seem to be working correctly.
Try running with LIBGL_THROTTLE_REFRESH and LIBL_SYNC_REFRESH unset.

After about 30 seconds of splash screen, googleearth is running
(somewhat poorly).  As soon as I "zoom in" close enough to see the
earth's terrain, the program locks up and I get kernel errors/beeps and
I need to forecefully kill google earth.  The kernel continues to bork,
so I must reboot via the power button.  Googleearth worked fine under
xorg 7.2.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Chris