Radeon X700 Pro can no longer do AGP 8X since commit 295823d0879a

Sean seanlkml at sympatico.ca
Fri Sep 14 02:19:45 PDT 2007

On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 10:34:23 +0200
Michel Dänzer <michel at tungstengraphics.com> wrote:

> > Couldn't find any info on what the mode bits actually mean, but from the
> > AGP3 spec it appears the AGP_STATUS should never have bit 7 set like it does
> > here.  But beyond that i'm stumped.
>
> Same here I'm afraid; maybe it's related to the AGP-to-PCIe bridge on
> the card.
>
> OTOH, can you measure any difference at all with 8x vs. 4x?

Well i'm not sure what a good test would be.  Only started looking
at the logs and such because as soon as i enable EXA my CPU usage goes
to 80% - 100% and doesn't stop.   XAA works okay, unless trying out compiz.
I didn't think the AGP issue was necessarily related, but thought it would
be "easy" to sort out ;o)   Anyway, I won't drag you into my EXA woes.
Thanks for taking a look at the AGP issue.

Sean