News ATI drivers

Diego Calleja diegocalleja at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 16:14:26 PDT 2007

El Wed, 12 Sep 2007 18:38:18 -0400, "Andrew J. Barr" <andrew.james.barr at gmail.com> escribió:

> Be careful, this is exactly what AMD is hoping in terms of short-term
> gain from what has been until recently, a PR blitz. Someone mentioned

Please.....

> I hope they are serious, but I've seen promises like this turn out to
> be a case of high expectations from a community manipulated by PR men.

No, I bet you've never seen a company that:
- Announces oficially they're going to release specs at an important event, not just a
  "we're looking into it" excuse to a guy that asks after the presentation has finished.
- Announces it in its official press release channel
- Few days after that, they start releasing some specs.
- Then it stops doind what they promised.

If this is a "PR blitz", it's the stupidest one I've ever seen because 1) they're not going
to get many money from linux buyers 2) The bad press that would result from not
doing what they promised weigths more than the benefits.

You're just being paranoid there. With the specs released I can't find reasons to not
trust what AMD has promised.