7.3 release progress - video drivers and TVout?

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Tue Sep 4 13:51:42 PDT 2007

I'm not sure if I'm the only one who uses MythTV who also pays any
attention to the Xorg releases... but I do, and earlier release
upgrades have caused me hassles there, so I figured I'd ask:

Has anyone any specific ideas as to whether the 7.3 release will be
compatible with any TVout equipped drivers for ATI or Nvidia VGA cards?

Even 7.2, I gather, may still have (as we like to phrase it so
delicately these days) "issues" with drivers that enable TVout and XV
overlay -- I'm personally off the hook only because SuSE 10.2 chose to
bundle 7.1.99 (7.2RC2), which doesn't piss off the ATI installer by
deigning to have a minor release >1.

Anyone looked into this subtopic at all?

Cheers,
-- jra