randr 1.2 and traditional multi-head

Matthieu Herrb matthieu.herrb at laas.fr
Mon Sep 3 14:39:52 PDT 2007

Bernard Siaud alias Troumad wrote:
> Matthieu Herrb a écrit :

> Now, 1 section device, 1 section screen, 1 section monitor !
> I have a ati in a desktop and a intel in a ladtop ;)
> You can see in french :
> http://troumad.developpez.com/linux/serveurx/xorg/#L4

Thanks, but this is not what I'm asking for. I'd like to know if it's
still possible to get 2 X screens (ie :0.0 and :0.1) with xrandr 1.2
aware drivers.

Running with one X screen covering all monitors is nice, works pretty
well now, but doesn't necessarly fit all needs.

And it's not about the way I use my machine(s). I want to be able to
write documentation for end-users who are going to switch their
configurations from X.Org 7.2 or before to 7.3.

If the answer is 'no, separate X screens are not possible anymore' it
should be written explicitely (and  the xorg.conf parser should reject
those configurations attempts with a proper error; but it's a bit late
in the relase cycle to fix that) so people don't loose too much time
trying to figure out how to get that feature back. Some of them will be
unhappy, but that's not my problem: just tell them to come here to
complain :)
--
Matthieu Herr