[libpciaccess] New "MTRR" api/changes broken (for vesa driver)

Maarten Maathuis madman2003 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 16:02:01 PDT 2007

I was modifying my patch for nouveau for what i thought was a trivial
change, the computer hard locked after dri init. I expected that i had
done something wrong. I switched to the vesa driver, which also hard
locks after card detection. I have narrowed it down to commit
08ff9f7fbd26dd2d0e30351b556c71c272f6be6c.

I do not know what causes the problem.

I run a 2.6.22 kernel on an amd64 system.

Please ask if additional information is needed.

Sincerely,

Maarten Maathuis.