X Server setup on ARM Board with PCI VGA card

Rupesh Kumar a.rupesh.k at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 23:39:45 PDT 2007

Hi All,

My goal is to make a VGA card work on ARM system
I am seeing two issues in this kind of setup
   1.Legacy VGA Range support.(My board doesnt support this I/O Range).
   2.Running the VGA BIOS.(BIOS Contains i386 image which cant be run on ARM).
The card which can run as Secondary Adapter cant use the legacy range.
so my first issue is solved.

Does a VGA card run without running its VGA BIOS.If not then how does the X
Server manage these Cards.

Can anyone  please clarify me whether this is feasible or not.
Anybody have ever tried this kind of setup.

Regards
Rupesh