Need help solving Xorg slowness.

Omari Stephens xsdg at mit.edu
Wed Oct 31 19:12:26 PDT 2007

Ray Van Dolson wrote:
::snip? SNIP!::
> Symptoms are that resizing windows and anything "redrawing" really is
> laggy.  A lot like when you are running the vesa driver althought not
> quite that bad perhaps.  Firefox in particular when switching between
> tabs takes noticeably longer than it does on my NVidia-based system at
> work.  It just "feels" sluggish.
::snip? SNIP!::

You may want to try explicitly disabling Composite in your xorg.conf.  I
recently experienced what sounds like similar behavior and composite was
related.  See [1].  Clearly, the bug report is specific to xfce, but I believe
other apps were affected in my case as well.  For the record, I'm running an
nVidia card with the non-binary driver.

--xsdg