checking for XSERVERCFLAGS... configure: error: Package requirements (randrproto >= 1.2 renderproto >= 0.9.3

onetwo jojo onetwojojo at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 12:14:09 PDT 2007

Hi Tiago

I am into dependency hell right now,
the package depends on a version thats neither in ubuntu 7.10 nor in
Ubuntu 8.04(dev),

need some expert guidance.

the error subtext is below

checking for XSERVERCFLAGS... configure: error: Package requirements
(randrproto >= 1.2 renderproto >= 0.9.3 fixesproto >= 4.0 damageproto
>= 1.1 xcmiscproto xextproto xproto >= 7.0.9 xtrans scrnsaverproto >=
1.1 bigreqsproto resourceproto fontsproto inputproto >= 1.4.2 kbproto
>= 1.0.3 videoproto compositeproto >= 0.4 trapproto recordproto
resourceproto xineramaproto evieproto xkbfile xfont xau fontenc
pixman-1 >= 0.9.5 xdmcp) were not met:

Requested 'renderproto >= 0.9.3' but version of RenderProto is 0.9.2
Requested 'pixman-1 >= 0.9.5' but version of Pixman is 0.9.4

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables XSERVERCFLAGS_CFLAGS
and XSERVERCFLAGS_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

regards

Jojo

======================
complete log is here below
======================
autoreconf2.50: Entering directory `.'
autoreconf2.50: configure.ac: not using Gettext
autoreconf2.50: running: aclocal
autoreconf2.50: configure.ac: tracing
autoreconf2.50: running: libtoolize --copy
libtoolize: `config.guess' exists: use `--force' to overwrite
libtoolize: `config.sub' exists: use `--force' to overwrite
libtoolize: `ltmain.sh' exists: use `--force' to overwrite
autoreconf2.50: running: /usr/bin/autoconf
autoreconf2.50: running: /usr/bin/autoheader
autoreconf2.50: running: automake --add-missing --copy --no-force
autoreconf2.50: Leaving directory `.'
checking for gawk... gawk
checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles... yes
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking host system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking for a sed that does not truncate output... /bin/sed
checking for egrep... /bin/grep -E
checking for ld used by gcc... /usr/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking for /usr/bin/ld option to reload object files... -r
checking for BSD-compatible nm... /usr/bin/nm -B
checking how to recognize dependent libraries... pass_all
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking dlfcn.h usability... yes
checking dlfcn.h presence... yes
checking for dlfcn.h... yes
checking for g++... g++
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of g++... gcc3
checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... g++ -E
checking for g77... no
checking for xlf... no
checking for f77... no
checking for frt... no
checking for pgf77... no
checking for cf77... no
checking for fort77... no
checking for fl32... no
checking for af77... no
checking for xlf90... no
checking for f90... no
checking for pgf90... no
checking for pghpf... no
checking for epcf90... no
checking for gfortran... no
checking for g95... no
checking for xlf95... no
checking for f95... no
checking for fort... no
checking for ifort... no
checking for ifc... no
checking for efc... no
checking for pgf95... no
checking for lf95... no
checking for ftn... no
checking whether we are using the GNU Fortran 77 compiler... no
checking whether  accepts -g... no
checking the maximum length of command line arguments... 98304
checking command to parse /usr/bin/nm -B output from gcc object... ok
checking for objdir... .libs
checking for ar... ar
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for strip... strip
checking if gcc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions... no
checking for gcc option to produce PIC... -fPIC
checking if gcc PIC flag -fPIC works... yes
checking if gcc static flag -static works... yes
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking whether the gcc linker (/usr/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64) supports
shared libraries... yes
checking whether -lc should be explicitly linked in... no
checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
checking whether to build static libraries... no
configure: creating libtool
appending configuration tag "CXX" to libtool
checking for ld used by g++... /usr/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64) is GNU ld... yes
checking whether the g++ linker (/usr/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64) supports
shared libraries... yes
checking for g++ option to produce PIC... -fPIC
checking if g++ PIC flag -fPIC works... yes
checking if g++ static flag -static works... yes
checking if g++ supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking whether the g++ linker (/usr/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64) supports
shared libraries... yes
checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
appending configuration tag "F77" to libtool
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... (cached) yes
checking for flex... flex
checking lex output file root... lex.yy
checking lex library... -lfl
checking whether yytext is a pointer... yes
checking for bison... bison -y
checking for special C compiler options needed for large files... no
checking for _FILE_OFFSET_BITS value needed for large files... no
checking for cpp... /usr/bin/cpp
checking if /usr/bin/cpp requires -undef... yes
checking if /usr/bin/cpp requires -traditional... yes
checking for dtrace... not_found
checking for dirent.h that defines DIR... yes
checking for library containing opendir... none required
checking for ANSI C header files... (cached) yes
checking fcntl.h usability... yes
checking fcntl.h presence... yes
checking for fcntl.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... (cached) yes
checking for string.h... (cached) yes
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking for launchd... no
checking whether byte ordering is bigendian... no
checking for unsigned long... yes
checking size of unsigned long... 8
checking for pid_t... yes
checking byteswap.h usability... yes
checking byteswap.h presence... yes
checking for byteswap.h... yes
checking sys/endian.h usability... no
checking sys/endian.h presence... no
checking for sys/endian.h... no
checking for dlopen... no
checking for dlopen in -ldl... yes
checking for vprintf... yes
checking for _doprnt... no
checking for geteuid... yes
checking for getuid... yes
checking for link... yes
checking for memmove... yes
checking for memset... yes
checking for mkstemp... yes
checking for strchr... yes
checking for strrchr... yes
checking for strtol... yes
checking for getopt... yes
checking for getopt_long... yes
checking for vsnprintf... yes
checking for walkcontext... no
checking for backtrace... yes
checking for getisax... no
checking for getzoneid... no
checking for shmctl64... no
checking for working alloca.h... yes
checking for alloca... yes
checking for getdtablesize... yes
checking for getifaddrs... yes
checking for getpeereid... no
checking for getpeerucred... no
checking for strlcat... no
checking for strlcpy... no
checking for mmap... yes
checking for sqrt in -lm... yes
checking for cbrt in -lm... yes
checking ndbm.h usability... no
checking ndbm.h presence... no
checking for ndbm.h... no
checking dbm.h usability... no
checking dbm.h presence... no
checking for dbm.h... no
checking rpcsvc/dbm.h usability... no
checking rpcsvc/dbm.h presence... no
checking for rpcsvc/dbm.h... no
checking linux/agpgart.h usability... yes
checking linux/agpgart.h presence... yes
checking for linux/agpgart.h... yes
checking sys/agpio.h usability... no
checking sys/agpio.h presence... no
checking for sys/agpio.h... no
checking linux/apm_bios.h usability... yes
checking linux/apm_bios.h presence... yes
checking for linux/apm_bios.h... yes
checking linux/fb.h usability... yes
checking linux/fb.h presence... yes
checking for linux/fb.h... yes
checking asm/mtrr.h usability... yes
checking asm/mtrr.h presence... yes
checking for asm/mtrr.h... yes
checking sys/memrange.h usability... no
checking sys/memrange.h presence... no
checking for sys/memrange.h... no
checking machine/mtrr.h usability... no
checking machine/mtrr.h presence... no
checking for machine/mtrr.h... no
checking for sys/linker.h... no
checking for SYSV IPC... yes
checking execinfo.h usability... yes
checking execinfo.h presence... yes
checking for execinfo.h... yes
checking for backtrace in -lc... yes
checking to see if we can install the Xorg server as root... yes
checking if Xtrans should support UNIX socket connections... yes
checking if Xtrans should support TCP socket connections... yes
checking for library containing socket... none required
checking for library containing gethostbyname... none required
checking for getaddrinfo... yes
checking if IPv6 support should be built... yes
checking for struct sockaddr_in.sin_len... no
checking if Xtrans should support os-specific local connections... no
checking for authdes_seccreate... no
checking for authdes_create... yes
checking for library containing getsecretkey... none required
checking if Secure RPC authentication ("SUN-DES-1") should be supported... yes
checking for /opt/something/share/sgml/X11/defs.ent... no
checking for linuxdoc... no
checking for ps2pdf... /usr/bin/ps2pdf
checking Whether to build documentation... no
checking Whether to build pdf documentation... yes
checking for DBUS... no
checking for HAL... no
checking for clock_gettime... no
checking for clock_gettime in -lrt... yes
checking for a useful monotonic clock ...... yes
checking for XV... yes
checking for DRIPROTO... yes
checking for LIBDRM... yes
checking for GL... yes
checking for strcasecmp... yes
checking for XDMCP... yes
checking for XdmcpWrap in -lXdmcp... yes