X11 _X11TransSocketINETConnect core dump or ETIMEDOUT

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at sun.com
Wed Oct 31 07:52:14 PDT 2007

ffffd4ffffc6ffffc9fffffa ffffcdfffff5 wrote:
> I call XtOpenDisplay under solaris 9(X11 release 4),

Solaris 9 is X11R6.6, not X11R4.

> when set DISPLAY =
> hostname:0.0 the X11TransSocketINETConnect failed because ETIMEDOUT:
> connect(3, 0xFFFFFFFF7FFFE460, 32, 1)           Err#145 ETIMEDOUT

Are you running the X server on that host?   Have you disabled it
with -nolisten tcp?   (Is it the local host?   If so, why are you not
just using :0.0?   Do you really want to force the slower TCP layer
instead of the faster local transports?)

> when set DISPLAY = *.*.*.*:0.0 , then the X11TransSocketINETConnect
> also failed :

Why would you expect that to work?

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com