libpciaccess / X configuration

Stefan Dirsch sndirsch at suse.de
Wed Oct 31 07:47:24 PDT 2007

On Wed, Oct 31, 2007 at 03:38:26PM +0200, Daniel Stone wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 31, 2007 at 11:46:20AM +0100, Stefan Dirsch wrote:
> > I am currently wondering which kind of changes are to expect with
> > regard to X configuration with X.Org now switching to the use of
> > libpciaccess.
> >
> > Questions which come currently to my mind:
> > - Does this mean that the Device section will be obsoleted/ignored
> >   then?
>
> Hi,
> Why would it?

Can't tell you. Only a rumor I've heard. This was just a question to
verify. I'm absolutely happy with Device section not being killed. So
no changes to expect WRT configuration by switching to the use of
libpciaccess?

Best regards,
Stefan

Public Key available
Stefan Dirsch (Res. & Dev.)   SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
Tel: 0911-740 53 0            Maxfeldstraße 5
FAX: 0911-740 53 479          D-90409 Nürnberg
http://www.suse.de            Germany