glx stopped working after upgrade i810 driver to x11-drivers/xf86-video-i810-2.1.0

Sergio Monteiro Basto sergio at sergiomb.no-ip.org
Tue Oct 30 12:17:48 PDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-10-30 at 20:20 +0200, David Harel wrote:
> Thanks for your reply.
>  I am not sure it is the driver mentioned. I got back to the original
> driver (1.7.4) but that didn't help.
> (I am in the process of upgrading and I lost the direct rendering
> capabilities somewhere along the way).

drm, Mesa and drv-intel have to be some versions or DRIScreenInit
failed. could happen
on case of drv-intel , should stay by release versions
libdrm 2.3.0  and Mesa 7.0.1 , especially if you use Release 1.3

> Sergio Monteiro Basto wrote:
>
>  > Xserver verision < 1.4 ?
>  >
> Out of /var/log/Xorg.0.log:
> Release 1.3
> Which is funny cos I always use Gentoo package system trying to take
> stable versions only and expecting to get the highest version possible.
> The current one is 7.2
>
>  > cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | grep -P "WW|EE"
>  > what say this ?
>  >
> # cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | grep -P "WW|EE"
> Current Operating System: Linux harellaptop 2.6.20-gentoo-r8 #23 PREEMPT
> Mon Oct 29 16:15:52 IST 2007 i686
>         (WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown.
> (WW) Duplicate core pointer devices.  Removing core pointer attribute
> from "PS/2 Mouse"
> (WW) Open ACPI failed (/var/run/acpid.socket) (No such file or directory)
> (II) Loading extension MIT-SCREEN-SAVER
> (WW) Warning, couldn't open module synaptics
> (EE) Failed to load module "synaptics" (module does not exist, 0)
> (WW) intel: No matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:0:2:1) found
> (WW) intel(0): Bad V_BIOS checksum
> (EE) intel(0): [dri] DRIScreenInit failed. Disabling DRI.
> (WW) intel(0): Option "FlatPanelProperties" is not used
> (EE) AIGLX: Screen 0 is not DRI capable
> (EE) No Input driver matching `synaptics'
> (WW) Open ACPI failed (/var/run/acpid.socket) (No such file or directory)
> (EE) intel(0): [dri] DRIScreenInit failed. Disabling DRI.
> (EE) AIGLX: Screen 0 is not DRI capable
> (WW) Open ACPI failed (/var/run/acpid.socket) (No such file or directory)
> (EE) intel(0): [dri] DRIScreenInit failed. Disabling DRI.
> (EE) AIGLX: Screen 0 is not DRI capable
> (WW) Open ACPI failed (/var/run/acpid.socket) (No such file or directory)
> (EE) intel(0): [dri] DRIScreenInit failed. Disabling DRI.
> (EE) AIGLX: Screen 0 is not DRI capable
>

> Sorry Sergio for posting to your e-mail account directly. I was far too
> tired to notice what I was doing.

No problem , don't worry about that , I simply clicked on reply all :)

regards,

--
Sérgio M. B.