intel 965 issue (dlsym for __driCreateNewScreen_20050727 failed)

Jason Sewall jasonsewall at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 09:09:07 PDT 2007

Hello,

I have a Lenovo x61 laptop running Fedora 7 (x86). I just applied to
kernel updates to 2.6.23.1. I did a git pull on drm, mesa, and
xf86-video-intel and re-built + installed everything.

Things work, but not as well as they once did. My usual benchmark
(glxgears) is running at around 410 fps now, as opposed to the
>1000fps before I recompiled. I couldn't make too much sense of the
Xorg.0.log, but I did see that dlsym wasn't happy with i965_dri.so and
this caused AIGLX to switch to software.

I've attached my Xorg.0.log; if anyone has any ideas why this might
have happened, let me know.

Jason