why the tabs in firefox give the same window id using xwininfo

Peter Clifton pcjc2 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Oct 29 07:12:41 PDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-10-29 at 19:36 +0530, sri wrote:

> ya you are right.. but  clicking on each tab displays different
> content.
> so how x server maintains the data.... each tab is having its own
> closing button
> what is tab in sesse of x window ..how it maintains...

That information will be maintained by the widget toolkit. I know GTK
uses one X server window for many different widgets at once, and it
might also be the case for QT and others.

When you lick the tabs / buttons, the widget toolkit will route the
event to the appropriate code by comparing the coordinates the event was
received at to the widgets it is displaying in that window.