Need advice: compiling xserver-Xephyr with evdev patches

Tiago Vignatti vignatti at c3sl.ufpr.br
Mon Oct 29 06:06:14 PDT 2007

onetwo jojo escreveu:
> Thanks Tiago,

Hi jojo,

> Is there a way(a command), to check if Xephyr on my distribution,
> does not need this patch ?
>
> I am on x86_64, Ubuntu 7.10(X.org 1.3)
>
> Xephyr Version is  "xserver-xephyr 2:1.3.0.0.dfsg-12ubuntu8 in amd64 (Release)"
> Here is the build log(did not see your patch, makes sense since you
> say its already accepted upstream):
> (http://launchpadlibrarian.net/9584117/buildlog_ubuntu-gutsy-amd64.xorg-server_2%3A1.3.0.0.dfsg-12ubuntu8_FULLYBUILT.txt.gz)

I think Ubuntu Gutsy didn't packed the last kdrive tree with evdev. What
you'll have to do is:
$ git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver
$ cd xserver
$ PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/opt/something/lib/pkgconfig ./autogen.sh
--prefix=/opt/something --enable-kdrive --enable-xephyr
$ make
$ sudo make install

If something gets wrong read carefully here [0].

Cheers,

[0] http://www.x.org/wiki/ModularDevelopersGuide

--
Tiago Vignatti
C3SL - Centro de Computação Científica e Software Livre