Tablet to screen coordinate conversion (again)

Giuseppe Bilotta giuseppe.bilotta at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 15:48:21 PDT 2007

On 10/27/07, Magnus Vigerlöf <Magnus.Vigerlof at home.se> wrote:
> On lördag 27 oktober 2007, Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:
> >
> > Also, is there something I can do to work around this issue, at
> > the driver level, other than claiming that the device limits are
> > the same as the screen limits? Or would it be better to just wait
> > for this to be fixed at the server level?
>
> We (linuxwacom) are scaling the coordinates to the screen size for xserver
> 1.4. We also scale the max on X&Y for the tablet to the screen size when
> initializing the tablet. Not the way we would like it to be, but it works at
> least.

I was afraid I'd have to resort to that. Do you have a pointer to the
code handling this? I tried looking at the linuxwacom code yesterday,
but I had problems following it (too much stuff in it, compared to the
simple-minded acecad driver).

> A better solution where we can report the real coordinates is planned
> for xserver 1.4.1 according to Daniel S [1].

Ah, good. Would it be possible to write cross-version code by using
appropriate ifdefs, or should I just update the driver along the way,
and only care about compatibility with the latest released xserver?
(Something like GET_ABI_MAJOR(XORG_VERSION_CURRENT) or whatever)

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta