VGA Arbiter

Tiago Vignatti vignatti at c3sl.ufpr.br
Sat Oct 27 11:20:35 PDT 2007

Benjamin Herrenschmidt escreveu:
> Ok, I had a look at my old code and I'm wondering how it works as a
> module since you need to have the PCI code call
>
> vga_arbiter_add_pci_device()
>
> and
>
> vga_arbiter_del_pci_device()
>
> For it to register VGA devices.
>
> Now, the good news is that I recently added to the generic device core a
> notifier to be notified of devices being added/removed (and drivers
> being bound/unbound as well) for a given bus type.
>
> Look at bus_{un}register_notifier() in linux/device.h
>
> You can register a notifier on pci_bus_type, and react to the messages
> BUS_NOTIFY_ADD_DEVICE and BUS_NOTIFY_DEL_DEVICE. You can then cast the
> struct device * argument to a pci device with to_pci_dev()

Okay, thanks for the tip Ben. I already updated the module to use this
scheme.

Maybe we could push our repo to fd.o. What do you think guys? But I
don't know exactly how the copyright and license stuffs will work
though. All the fd.o repositories must be in MIT?

(btw, me and Paulo take the initiative to take the code and add our
copyright there, so please Benjamin tell if something sounds strange to
you there)

my regards,

--
Tiago Vignatti
C3SL - Centro de Computação Científica e Software Livre